IBUKU is a Bali-based, design-build firm seeking a Senior Architect to execute some of the world’s most inventive, exciting buildings—a world leader in bamboo building with an enthusiastic team who thrives at the cutting edge of elegant living within nature.
IBUKU is growing and is pursuing larger format initiatives, including hotels, resorts and mixed-use opportunities. As we grow, we would like to develop our younger talent and to foster cohesion. The ideal architect candidate has residential and hotel experience, commitment to ecological strategies, a sense of adventure, likes diversity, foster community and is a great leader.
The Senior Architect will report directly to the founder of IBUKU and will be an integral part of the Management Team.
– Assist business development team in providing all necessary information required in order to submit fee proposals
– Review fee proposals thoroughly in terms of scope and deliverables
– Track profitability of projects
– Detailed awareness of payment terms and invoicing and agree invoicing strategy with finance department
– Supervise the preparation and accuracy of contract documents.
– Supervisory or lead responsibility for a group of architects or designers and set and maintain acceptable efficiency levels by leading by example
– Chair weekly meeting to formally track projects
– Manage communication between architect, engineering and building teams
– Create detailed design package, review progress weekly, and resolve all outstanding issues where client input is required
– Work with each team to realize deliverables on time and within budget
– Interface with clients at a technical and contract level, track minutes of client meetings/communication, and log all requests and client approvals
– Ensure clients are aware of variations to agreements/contracts if required
– Ensure project tracking schedule is current, monitored and submitted on a weekly basis
– Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
– Develop improved architectural techniques and procedures
– Apply skills to minimize risks and vulnerabilities and seek means to improve efficiencies.
– Review and approve all work performed under supervision
– Responsible for ensuring compliance with all codes and standards
– Incorporate applicable codes, construction techniques and sequences in various projects including all aspects of cross disciplines
– Provide leadership and motivation to a team in order to meet professional development milestones, to be monitored in staff appraisals
– Provide any potential leads to business development team and ensure follow up
– Mentor and guide architects to develop and mature by creating feedback loops to track each individual’s progress
– Degree in Architecture from an accredited and recognized university
– More than 10 years of experience in a large Architectural firm
– Green credentials
– Experience of hotel and resort design
– Experience of leading a diverse and multicultural team, preferably in Asia
– Advanced level of proficiency within the relevant software
– Strong presentation and client management skills
– Proficiency in Indonesia is desirable but not essential
How to Apply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Senior Architect Application”
- Attach your CV / Resume in PDF format
- Attach a one-minute video of yourself—please tell us about the project you are most proud of in your career